I absolutely am IN LOVE with college. Here are some things I’ve experienced in the first 2 weeks of college that are different than in high school.
- Chewing gum in class
- Highlighting and writing in textbooks
- Going to the bathroom without asking
- Leaving if the teacher doesn’t show up after a certain amount of time
- Leaving the class 20 minutes early because the teacher has nothing else to teach or it’s too hot in the classroom
- Napping between classes in your own bed
- All you can eat cafeteria food
- Not needing parental consent on school documents
- Blatantly using your phone in class
- Answering questions without raising your hand
- No dress code whatsoever (PJs, booty shorts, crop tops, etc)
- No bell to tell you when you are late vs. on time.
- Homework is all online and teachers don’t announce when things are due or if you even have homework at all.
- Sometimes reading the material is more important than listening to the in class lecture.
I’m sure I will experience more awesome things soon, and I am excited to see what is to come and give more updates to how PLNU is treating me!