I’ve been in California for almost 3 weeks. This entire time I have been looking for a job. I look on every job site imaginable and have even driven around looking for help wanted signs as well. I’ve applied to over 30 jobs…YES, YOU HEARD ME, THIRTY JOBS! I get the confirmation emails so I know for sure that they are receiving my application. What I don’t know is why I haven’t gotten a single reply. None. Zip. Zero. So here’s what I’m thinking.
- I don’t turn 18 until the end of July, so maybe they forgot to advertise that you need to be 18 and when they get my application they just throw it to the side…
- All the jobs for 17-year-olds are taken
- Someone hacked my email and is stealing all the responses
- I’m not good enough
- I was ranked 76-85 in my graduating class
- Oh whoops, that last one doesn’t have anything to do with what I’m talking about its just a fun fact of the day.
- Please laugh with me cuz that’s all I can do when I look at how much of a failure I am.
- Why are the numbers still on?
Ive checked and edited my cover letter and resume multiple times. I have amazing references, and a lot of work expirience. Why in the world is nobody picking me?
I mean don’t get me wrong… going to the beach whenever I want is nice and everything… but I kinda wish I had some money to spend while I’m there. I kinda sorta want to start making friends and having a job is a great way to meet people. Hopefully, someone picks me soon!